Weight tracker:



Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rest Day

Yesterday I did a killer back and biceps workout before running the reservoir.



I started with a 16 minute warm-up on the elliptical (burning approx. 200 calories) then went straight to the weight room.



Something about the pull-up machine is equally daunting and sexy to me. While I love the feeling that I'm super-strong by doing pull-ups, the machine is weight-assisted, so I actually look okay performing the exercise, and get a pretty good workout in the process. The way it works is your knees rest on a moving bunch sort of thing and the more weight you put onto the machine, the more of your actual body weight you are lifting. So... I pulled (negative) 120 pounds which would equal only 65 pounds of weight while I was doing the exercise. I did 3 sets of 8 on this machine.

Between sets of pull-ups I did 3 sets of barbell curls. 40 lbs X 10 reps each set.

I then moved to the cable row machine.
75 lbs. X 12/12/10

V-ups (between row sets) @
50/35/25

No comments: